Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Teaching the class


This picture has nothing to do with this post. It just so HOT here I wish I was there. So I get a letter from my Bishop, would I be willing to take 5 to 8 minutes in the 5th Sunday lesson, and teach whatever the Spirit wants me to teach? You bet, but could I please have 20? No, 5 to 8. There will be other High Priests teaching. I prayed for a topic, the great Talk "The Balm of Gilead" by Elder Boyd K Packer came to mind. It starts this way "My message is an appeal to those who are worried or restless or anxious, a plea to those who are not at peace. If your life is touched with disappointment, grief, or bitterness; if you struggle constantly with worry, frustration, with shame or anxiety, I speak to you". I hope I can do it justice in 5 to 8 minutes. It was in the New Era Aug. 1979, get a copy read it, learn from it, it could change your life. Well a least it's a great talk. I'll let you know how it went. Larry

2 comments: